MANILA– The Supreme Court (SC) ruled that President Rodrigo Duterte’s proclamation of martial law in Mindanao is constitutional. In an 82-page decision released late Wednesday, 11 of the high court’s 15 magistrates voted to dismiss the petitions led b…
MANILA– The head of the Philippine delegation on Wednesday put the administration’s anti-drug campaign into international spotlight during an inter-parliamentary meeting with ASEAN lawmakers, citing a sharp decline in the prices of hard drugs and the …
MANILA– A lawmaker at the House of Representatives has filed a bill seeking the construction of post-harvest facilities in every rice-producing municipality and city in the country. AGBIAG Party-list Representative Michaelina Antonio filed House Bill …
MANILA– The decision of Senate Pres. Aquilino Pimentel III to conduct a probe into the reported overstocking of office supplies in the Senate was backed by two senators on Wednesday. Senate Majority Leader Vicente Sotto III said the case should be ref…
MANILA– Philippine National Police (PNP) Director General Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa still trusts the Special Action Force (SAF) commandos despite their alleged involvement in the hard drugs trade at the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) in Muntinlupa. He made th…
MANILA– President Rodrigo Duterte has approved the promotion of eight more senior police officers to star rank.
This was bared by PNP spokesperson Chief Supt. Dionardo Carlos in a statement Wednesday.
“The Chief Executive approved the new promotions on June 28, 2017 upon the endorsement of PNP Chief, Director General Ronald M. Dela Rosa and the National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) based on the recommendation of the PNP Senior Officers’ Placement and Promotion Board (SOPPB),” he added.
Dela Rosa formally administered the oath of office to the newly-promoted chief superintendents (equivalent to brigadier general) during simple induction ceremonies in PNP headquarters in Camp Crame, Quezon City Wednesday,
These newly-promoted officers are:
– Chief Supt.Joseph C. Adnol of Police Regional Office 10
– Chief Supt. Alfredo C. Valdez of Directorate for Operations
– Chief Supt. Ramon L. Rafael of National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO)
– Chief Supt. Israel Ephraim T. Dickson of Police Regional Office 4A
– Chief Supt. Gerardo M. Rosales of Directorate for Human Resource and Doctrine Development (DHRDD)
– Chief Supt. Graciano J. Mijares of PNP Drug Enforcement Group (PDEG)
– Chief Supt. Froilan F. Quidilla of Police Regional Office 4B (MIMAROPA)
– Chief Supt. Edgardo G. Pamittan of Directorate for Integrated Police Operations � Northern Luzon (DIPO-NL).
Source: Philippines News Agency
MANILA– The Presidential Museum and Library, through the Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO), collaborated with Google to unveil on Wednesday an online exhibition on Google Arts and Culture. “Today, we partner with Google to share i…