Palace: It’s up to VP Robredo to convince public if Lenileaks are true or not

Malacanang said on Sunday that it is now up to Vice President Leni Robredo to convince the public whether the so-called 'Lenileaks' are true or not.

Presidential Communications Office (PCO) Assistant Secretary Ana Marie Banaag made this comment after Robredo assured that she has nothing to do with a move to oust President Rodrigo Duterte.

"We will respect whatever the Vice President would claim and it's up to her if there are photos or emails or leaks that came out" Banaag said in an interview with state-run Radyo ng Bayan.

"Then it's up for her to convince the public if it is true that she has nothing to do or she is not coordinating with other groups in the US or other personalities in the Philippines about that," she added.

The hashtag "#lenileaks" has been trending on social media particularly on Twitter, alleging that the Office of the Vice President is part of a well-orchestrated, well-funded strategy to discredit President Duterte as well as losing vice presidential candidate Ferdinand 'Bongbong' Marcos.

Marcos is contesting his only more than 200,000 votes lost to Robredo in the last May 2016 vice presidential race.

Banaag said the demands of the groups asking for President Duterte to resign would not likely to happen considering the President is working hard to improve the lives of the more than 100 million Filipinos.

"The President has strong support from our countrymen," Banaag said.

Last week, the Pulse Asia came with a survey showing President Duterte enjoying an 83 percent approval and trust rating.

Banaag said she is not sure whether there is a need to investigate the 'Lenileaks'.

Source: Philippines News Agency