TFBM implementing bodies to finish Marawi rehab after PRRD’s term

The Task Force Bangon Marawi (TFBM) on Thursday assured that the implementation of all the infrastructure projects in Marawi City will continue even beyond the term of President Rodrigo Duterte’s administration on June 30.

TFBM chief and housing czar, Secretary Eduardo del Rosario, said the government expects the estimated 85 percent of the overall completion rate of the Marawi rehabilitation in the first week of December last year.

“So we expect that by June 30, within the administration of the President, 95 percent na ang matatapos natin. Iyong remaining 5 percent itutuloy na lamang dahil ang pondo naman ay nakapaloob sa mga implementing agencies (we can complete the 95 percent. And the remaining 5 percent will be continued since the funds are already given to the implementing agencies),” del Rosario said in an interview at the Laging Handa briefing.

Del Rosario is confident that 95 percent of public infrastructure projects will be completed in the middle of this year.

Among the already completed projects are 20 kilometers of Transcentral roads which are now fully operational along with three bridges, a PNP Community Police Station Center, the Marawi Fire Sub-Station and a Maritime Outpost, the fully equipped Rorogagus Barangay Health Station, the Marawi Central Police Station, and solar-powered irrigation system.

Del Rosario said more internally displaced persons from Marawi City’s 24 most devastated barangays, divided into nine sectors, can start rebuilding their houses within the first quarter of this year.

“So dito kasi, ang issue sa most affected area, hindi nakabalik kaagad dahil walang kuryente, walang tubig at full blast iyong (Before, residents can’t go back immediately to the most affected areas because there are no electric and water supplies and we had a full blast works on) road network construction and different public infrastructure,” del Rosario said.

Del Rosario noted the TFBM has so far allowed the return of displaced families formerly residing in Sectors 1 to 3 since October last year.

“Eventually, 1,500 more will be allowed by the first quarter of 2022,” he added.

The TFBM was created under Administrative Order 3 issued by Duterte on June 28, 2017, after the declaration of the government’s triumph against terrorist groups in Marawi.

The task force has been directed to facilitate the rehabilitation, recovery, and reconstruction efforts in Marawi and help displaced families recover from the tragedy brought about by the May 2017 siege.

Source: Philippines News Agency

Leave a Reply