MANILA– A lawmaker at the House of Representatives on Monday filed a resolution asking Congress to conduct an inquiry into the allegations of ill-gotten wealth against Commission on Elections (Comelec) chair Andres Bautista supposedly worth PHP1 billi…
MANILA– Students remain hopeful on President Rodrigo Duterte’s plans in the next five years of his administration despite some points that have been missed out on the chief executive’s second State of the Nation Address (SONA). In spite of Duterte not…
MANILA– A labor group has urged the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) to draft a regulation to stop employers in the country from requiring women employees to wear high heel shoes at work as it poses danger to their safety and health. Associat…
MANILA– The Commission on Elections (Comelec) will start printing the official ballots for the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) polls on Wednesday.”We will start printing the ballots on Wednesday,” said Comelec Chairman Juan Andres Bautista on M…
MANILA– A multi-billion peso foreign -assisted project involving the construction of some 262 bridges in rural areas in the country which had been on hold for more than six years, may now be underway.In a paper and statement obtained by PNA Monday, Au…
MANILA� National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) Director Chief Supt. Oscar Albayalde on Monday advised motorists to take alternate routes in connection with the grand commemoration celebration of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)’s 50th Anniversary, an ASEAN Landmark Lighting Activity to be held on Tuesday at the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) Complex in Pasay City.
Albayalde said that in coordination with the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) the traffic rerouting scheme along Roxas Boulevard Southbound from P. Burgos to Buendia will be closed from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m., adding that total truck ban will be implemented.
The CCP Complex is declared as ASEAN Delegates Zone. Motorists are advised to take alternate routes. Affected trucks are advised to do a right turn in EDSA left to South Super Highway to Port Area.
Albayalde, also Task Group Manila Commander requests the public’s cooperation.
“Muli po naming hinihingi ang tulong at kooperasyon ng ating mga kababayan para masigurado natin na maging maayos at mapayapa ang selebrasyon na ito. Should there be any concern, we encourage the public to report immediately through text or call at Task Force Manila HOTLINE: 0995-503-1670”, Albayalde said, who personally oversee the security of the ASEAN Minister’s meeting.
He also said the police force of the NCRPO will intensify its police visibility to conduct patrols, provide route security and manage the traffic with the MMDA and local traffic enforcers.
For his part, ASTF Commander, Police Director Napoleon Taas, said the traffic plan laid out by MMDA and the local governments of Manila, Pasay and Makati is meant to ensure the smooth conduct of the activities with least inconvenience to the general public.
“Public support and understanding is necessary to ensure the success of the events lined up during those dates,” Taas emphasized.
Taas said the Grand Commemorative Celebration of ASEAN’s 50th Anniversary marked on August 8, 2017 will be highlighted by a Parade and Simultaneous Lighting of ASEAN Landmark at PICC and Bonifacio Global Center (BGC) wherein around 1,700 ASEAN Foreign Ministers and their spouses, Senior Officials and Delegates are expected to arrive and participate.
According to Taas, advisories will be posted in strategic areas as well as in various media platforms to guide the general public and commuters on the traffic management plan so they can plan ahead or decide to defer going to areas surrounding the venues of the events.
Based on the traffic plan, affected areas that will be temporarily closed on Tuesday include the CCP Complex and the stretch along Roxas Boulevard south bound from P. Burgos St. to Buendia to pave way for the movement and surge of participants joining the Parade and Landmark Lighting.
Furthermore, a stop-and-go scheme will be activated during the passage of VIPs along designated delegates’ route while normal traffic flow resumes immediately after the passage of the last convoy element. Passing thru Diokno Blvd. going to Atang Dela Rama St. is strictly for PICC and Sofitel Delegates only from Aug. 2 to 8.
Likewise, a total truck ban will be implemented on the said date along Roxas Blvd. from Buendia Ave. to P. Burgos St. The usual schedule of ban for cargo trucks, which is from 6 a.m. – 10 a.m. and from 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. everyday except Sundays and holidays, will not be applied on the said date. Affected trucks may turn right to EDSA, turn left to South Super Highway then proceed to Port area.
The ASTF is determined to strike a balance between intensified security measures for the ASEAN delegates and minimal inconvenience to the public during the period. Trained security personnel from ASEAN Security Task Force are deployed to render duty round the clock to ensure safety and security of meeting venues, billeting hotels and delegates’ routes.
Medical teams and ambulances are positioned in designated posts to provide assistance to the public and security forces in case of emergencies. Multi-Agency Coordination Center (MACC) was activated to ensure close inter-agency coordination and facilitate speedy response as the need arises.
Source: Philippine News Agency
MANILA– Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho said Monday that his country will not give up its nuclear program despite pressure from several countries noting that it is only a legal option to defend their territory …