The National Police Commission (Napolcom) has directed the implementation of the order to dismiss the six policemen in Moises Padilla, Negros Occidental found guilty of the unlawful arrest and harassment of incumbent Mayor Ella Garcia-Yulo during her term as vice mayor in 2017.
Dismissed were former police chief, Capt. Allan Reloj, Master Sgt. Ricardo Campos Dingcong Jr., Cpl. Nobel Perante, Cpl. Felix Corejado Pesales Jr., Pat. Michael Mondido, and Pat. Darryl Ducay Dormido.
Lt. Abegael Donasco, public information officer of Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office, said on Thursday the order is effective immediately and the Philippine National Police (PNP) is also expected to issue a directive to implement it.
“The order will come from the regional office then it will be coursed through the provincial office down to the station,” she added.
Donasco said Reloj has already retired while the five non-commissioned officers are still on station duty in the province.
On Wednesday, the local media obtained a copy of the Napolcom Implementation Order 2022-03001 dated March 4, 2022 signed by lawyer Chito Bustonera, acting staff service chief of Legal Affairs Service, which has been addressed to Maj. Gen. Herminio Tadeo Jr., director of the PNP Directorate for Personnel and Records Management, through Lt. Col. Donna Villareal, officer-in-charge of Discipline, Law and Order Division.
In a decision dated October 21, 2020, the Napolcom found the respondents culpable for grave misconduct and grave irregularities in the performance of duty and meted upon them the maximum penalty of dismissal from service.
Accessory penalties include cancellation of police eligibilities, forfeiture of retirement benefits except for accrued leave credits, and perpetual disqualification from holding public office.
In December 2017, Garcia-Yulo and her husband Felix Mathias Yulo were “illegally accosted and harassed by the six police officers headed by Reloj. While driving along Barangay Crossing Magallon in Moises Padilla, they were signaled to halt for a vehicular search by the said cops which the Napolcom found to be election-related,” said a Department of the Interior and Local Government report released last year.
Source: Philippines News Agency