The Antique provincial government is urging immunocompromised residents who received the first booster shot three months ago to submit for the second one, currently being rolled out in the province.
“Those who had their first booster shots for an interval of three months could already go to the different vaccination sites in their municipalities to avail of their second shot,” said Antique Integrated Provincial Health Office (IPHO) Infectious Diseases Cluster head Sheree Vego in an interview Friday.
The giving of the second booster shot started on Thursday here but no data yet was provided on how many availed of their second shot.
She added that as of April 24, IPHO recorded 31,792 who already had their first booster shots, including the immunocompromised.
Immunocompromised individuals are those who have been receiving active cancer treatment, received an organ transplant and taking immunosuppressive therapy, received a stem cell transplant within the last two years, or taking immunosuppressive therapy. have advanced or untreated HIV infection, dialysis patients, people with rare disease, among others.
Residents can choose from various brands for their second booster dose, except for Sputnik which is not available.
Meantime, 80 percent of the 330,762 eligible population or 309,876 residents are already fully vaccinated.
For A2 or senior citizens, 57.81 percent of the 30,480 eligible population in the province were already vaccinated with 22,245 remaining to be inoculated.
“We keep on encouraging the seniors to avail of the Covid-19 vaccination so that they would be protected and hopefully our Alert Level 2 will be downgraded,” Vego said.
The province is still under Alert Level 2 except for the municipalities of San Jose de Buenavista, Sebaste, and Anini-y which had been downgraded to Alert Level 1 by the national Inter-Agency Task Force for Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) because of its more than 70 percent vaccination rate of the target population.
Source: Philippines News Agency