Cebu City resumes distribution of cash aid to residents

Business & Finance

The Cebu City government will resume on Friday the distribution of the economic recovery stimulus assistance to the residents, Mayor Michael Rama said.

In a statement on Thursday, he said the City Hall has released the list of beneficiaries for the stimulus program who are living in the 10 barangays identified long before the May 9 elections.

The distribution of financial assistance to the victims of Typhoon Odette which struck this city and other parts of the Visayas and Mindanao in December last year was stalled due to the election ban.

Rama said Friday’s distribution will only be the initial release of assistance under the “Tabang Alang sa Panginabuhian sa atong Trabahante” (TAPAT) program.

He added, however, that not all residents are qualified for the aid.

City officials met on Thursday to finalize the distribution program.

Administrator Suzanne Ardoza and Department of Social Welfare and Services head Portia Basmayor advised those who are not on the list of stimulus recipients to just wait, as they are yet to process the roster of beneficiaries submitted to them.

Those who are on the list were told to prepare documents like proof of identification (ID) that bears a signature or voter’s certificate.

Recipients who cannot personally claim their aid are advised to issue an authorization letter to the person who will get it on their behalf plus a photocopy of a government-issued ID of the beneficiary showing his or her signature.

In case of beneficiaries who have died, a member of the immediate family – mother, father, brother, wife, child, father-in-law, daughter-in-law – can claim but they must bring the birth certificate, death certificate, marriage certificate, or any other fact proving relationship between the claimant and deceased recipient.

Source: Philippines News Agency

Leave a Reply