The City Health Office (CHO) on Tuesday announced the eight persons under monitoring (PUM) due to their travel history to China are officially off the 14 day quarantine and are safe from the novel coronavirus (2019 nCoV).
Dr. Dulce Amor Miravite, CHO chief, said health authorities will continue to monitor the situation as several others have travel history to or from China, and are required to do 14 days home quarantine.
Miravite said the city remains to have no confirmed cases as well as no persons under investigation (PUI) for 2019 nCoV.
Miravite said persons who have travel history, had exposure to 20190 nCoV cases, or health workers dealing with suspected carriers of the virus but showed no signs and symptoms of the disease are considered PUMs and are required to undergo home quarantine.
She urged the public anew to help monitor, share and spread only validated information from official sources to prevent panic.
She said the CHO continues to closely collaborate with the Department of Health and other health agencies including public and private hospitals, conduct information drives, place health personnel in points of entries and other advocacies so that people will be informed with the accurate data and prevent panic and confusion.
The 2019 nCoV is a new strain of coronavirus not previously identified in humans. It emanated in Wuhan City, Hubei province, China.
Source: Philippines News Agency