Albayalde to comply w/ SC order, vows to continue war on drugs

MANILAIncoming Philippine National Police (PNP) Chief Police Director Oscar Albayalde is willing to comply with the order of the Supreme Court (SC) for the agency to disclose documents in connection with the government's war on drugs.

Yes of course kautusan yan ng SC kailangan talagang magcomply dyan although inaayos lang siguro yung mga papers. I don't know (what ) the NHQ (PNP national headquarters) is doing. Pero, as of this time as regional director, kung talagang ako pagsa-submit-in lahat ng documents coming from NCRPO, magsa-submit naman kami, Albayalde said in a television interview on Friday.

Albayalde, who, earlier this week was named by President Rodrigo R. Duterte to succeed PNP chief Ronald deal Rosa, is currently the regional director of the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) which has supervision and control over the Manila Police District (MPD).

One of the petitions in the SC case challenging the implementation of the Palace's war on drugs involves residents in the densely populated San Andres District in downtown Manila which is under the jurisdiction of the MPD.

Albayalde said he will ensure continuity in his predecessor's campaign against illegal drugs and the crackdown on rogue law enforcers.

Ipagpapatuloy natin yang Oplan Tokhang. Napakaganda nang naging resulta at ito talaga ang programa ng ating pangulo at yan ay magpapatuloy yan, hindi po tayo magiging relax sa Oplan Double Barrel natin or sa war on illegal drugs. We will not relent doon sa programa natin on war on drugs," Albayalde said.

He said that they will also continue with investigations on alleged abuses by policemen now pending before the Commission on Human Rights and the PNP's Internal Affairs Office.

Albayalde said he is now discussing plans with Department of Interior and Local Government Officer-in-Charge Eduardo Ano on how to improve the training program for would-be policemen. (PNA)

Source: Philippine News Agency