MANILA The Department of Public Works and Highways-National Capital Region (DPWH-NCR) will take advantage of the Lenten break to work on three road sections in Quezon City this week.
DPWH NCR Director Melvin Navarro said maintenance teams will be deployed to monitor and repair the three road sections starting at 12 midnight on Thursday, March 29, 2018, until 5 a.m. on Monday, April 2, 2018.
The affected areas include the southbound lane of Visayas Avenue in front of the Philippine Information Agency building; the inner lane of Epifanio Delos Santos Avenue (Edsa); portions of Banahaw to P. Tuazon Boulevard; the northbound direction of A. Bonifacio Avenue; and from Dome Street going to Sgt. Rivera.
Meanwhile, Navarro added that the nine District Engineering Offices of DPWH-NCR will also deploy Lakbay Alalay teams in strategic locations along Metro Manila roads to assist motorists heading to their respective provinces for the Holy Week.
"We encourage the public to report to us any observed obstructions along national roads since we have Lakbay Alalay personnel on a round-the-clock shift who can immediately provide assistance, said Navarro in a statement issued Wednesday.
To ask assistance from the DPWH-NCR, Navarro said that the public may call the DPWH-NCR Maintenance Division at ?(02) 304-3620 or ?(02) 304-3615.
Motorists may also contact the following DPWH field offices with jurisdiction in specific areas:
* North Manila DEO at ?(02) 714-0010, Manila to north of Pasig;
* South Manila DEO at ?(02)527-2930, Pasay and Manila to south of Pasig River;
* Quezon 1st DEO at ?(02) 951-4696, Quezon City Districts 1, 2, 5 and 6; * Quezon 2nd DEO at ?(02) 920-2744, Quezon City Districts 3 and 4;
* Metro Manila 1st DEO at ?(2) 641-4408, Mandaluyong, San Juan, Taguig, Pateros, Pasig, and Marikina;
* Metro Manila 2nd DEO at ?(02) 304-3981, Makati and ParaAaque;
* Las PiAas-Muntinlupa DEO at ?(02) 524-6641, Las PiAas and Muntinlupa;
* Metro Manila 3rd DEO at ?(02) 294-1037, Valenzuala and Caloocan; or * Malabon-Navotas Sub-DEO at ?(02) 352-4215, Malabon and Navotas. (DPWH PR)
Source: Philippine News Agency