All members of the Provincial Board and the vice governor have volunteered to undergo a 14-day mandatory quarantine at home amid the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) threat.
Vice Governor Cecilia Araneta Marcos signed Monday the memorandum on the mandatory quarantine in compliance with the March 15 Executive Order (EO) of Ilocos Norte Governor Matthew Joseph Manotoc.
“With the governor’s executive order that says, anyone who came from places where there is Covid-19 alert, it would be best to have a self-quarantine.
On our case, we had been to Manila prior to the signing of the EO so we want to set an example to the populace and we hope that others will do the same” Marcos said in an interview.
She said it is better to be strict and safe “rather than lenient and sorry.”
However, in the event there are pressing issues that need to be addressed during the 14-day home quarantine of the board members, Marcos said they can always call for a special session.
She appealed to all residents to cooperate and stay home for their safety.
On March 12 to 14, Ilocos Norte hosted the 80th national assembly of the League of Vice Governors of the Philippines (LVGP) at the Fort Ilocandia Resort Hotel here.
The next SP regular session is set on March 30
Source: Philippines News Agency