Jayme pleads not guilty to sedition raps

MANILA Embattled website developer Rodel Jayme on Tuesday pleaded not guilty to the charges of inciting to sedition filed against him.

Jayme, who admitted creating webpages which spread the slanderous "Bikoy" videos implicating President Rodrigo Duterte and his family to the illegal drug trade, pleaded not guilty to the charges when he was arraigned before the ParaAaque Regional Trial Court Branch 258.

Jayme underwent inquest proceedings before the Department of Justice (DOJ) after the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) recommended charges of "inciting to sedition" against him.

In its charge sheet filed before the inquest prosecutor, the NBI Task Force on Cybercrime Division (CCD) under Senior Agent Francis SeAora said the inciting to sedition was committed in relation to Republic Act 10175 otherwise known as the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012.

Jayme had earlier been identified as the beneficiary in an ad sense account by a number of online personalities, and as the primary source of the video featuring alias "Bikoy", an anonymous accuser who appears in the video criticizing the administration's war on drugs and slandering the President Rodrigo Duterte's family, including his minor daughter.

The NBI, in its report to the inquest prosecutor, said its investigation showed the first uploader of the video was a YouTube account under the handle name of "Ang Totoong Narcolist" and was subsequently posted and shared by different social media sites namely: Pinoy Ako Blog, Change Scamming, Metro Balita, Madam Claudia and What the Fact Blog. (PNA)

Source: Philippines News Agency