MANILA The Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) remains firm on its decision to terminate its contract with airport service provider MIASCOR Aviation Services following a luggage theft at the Clark International Airport in Pampanga earlier this year.
This as the MIAA has denied the appeal of MIASCOR employees to reconsider the pending termination of their contract as ground handling service provider in several airports in the country.
After careful evaluation of facts surrounding an incident of baggage pilferage involving MIASCOR's employees and in line with the clear directive of President Rodrigo Duterte for MIASCOR's contract to be terminated, the DOTr denies the appeal of MIASCOR and stands firm in its decision not to renew the company's contract with the Manila International Airport Authority beyond April 2018, the national aviation authority said in a statement Thursday.
MIAA said that President Rodrigo R. Duterte would not entertain any appeal from MIASCOR Aviation Services.
Last January 19, MIAA has terminated its contract with MIASCOR after six of its employees were terminated and charged with administrative cases following a baggage pilferage involving a returning overseas Filipino worker who lost PHP84,000 at the Clark International Airport.
General Manager Ed Monreal ordered the company to vacate the airport complex and its terminals within 60 days.
MIASCOR has appealed to President Duterte and Department of Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade to reconsider its decision due to its adverse impact on the livelihood of its around 4,000 employees.
Source: Philippine News Agency