MANILA Authorities on Wednesday presented the 24 kilos of shabu worth PHP163 million seized during a buy-bust operation in Sta. Ana, Manila.
In a press conference in Camp Crame, Department of the Interior and Local Government Officer-in-Charge Eduardo AAo said the illegal substance had been recovered by operatives of the Caloocan City Police Station's Drug Enforcement Unit from an operation conducted against four suspects.
Two suspects, Luzviminda Basilio and Jocelyn Santos, were initially arrested following an entrapment operation inside a parked car in front of the Manila Central University in Caloocan City Tuesday.
A follow-up operation was conducted on the same day at No. 2641 Interior 21 Pasig Line, Barangay 778-Zone 85, Sta. Ana, Manila that resulted in the arrest of two more suspects, Ruby Calabio, 61, and her son, Ian Akira Calabio, 26.
The drug bust was a joint operation between the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) and the Philippine National Police (PNP).
"It is our earnest desire to sustain the momentum of our successful anti-illegal drugs campaign under Oplan Double Barrel in response to the overwhelming expression of support by our people to the anti-drug crusade of the national government," PNP chief Director General Oscar Albayalde said.
AAo also noted the popular support for the ongoing war on drugs, citing the result of a public opinion survey in the last quarter of 2017 that showed 88 percent support - or roughly nine in every 10 Filipinos - to the police campaign. (PNA)
Source: Philippine News Agency