Taal eruption casualty remains zero: Batangas prov’l gov’t

There is no recorded casualty in Batangas province amid the volcanic eruption of Taal Volcano so far, a provincial government official said on Tuesday.

In an interview with Radyo Pilipinas, Batangas provincial administrator Levi Dimaunahan said they have yet to record or monitor any casualty in the province due to the volcanic eruption.

"We are now in the relief operations stage as many residents from different towns in Batangas have been evacuated," he added.

He attributed the early warnings for residents near living Taal island resulted in zero casualties, noting that being prepared has helped to keep their constituents out of harm's way.

He said the Taal volcano remains at alert level 4.

"Most of the residents from Agoncillo, San Nicolas, Laurel and Talisay have already been evacuated from their homes", he said.

He said some of the evacuees are staying with their relatives and friends in different places while some are in the neighboring provinces of Batangas and in Metro Manila, which decongested most of the evacuation centers in the area.

Castro added the relief goods continue to pour in from the national agencies and donations from private groups and individuals.

He also thanked the Pampanga provincial government for providing medical assistance, heavy equipment for the clearing roads of ashes, trucks to evacuate residents to safer grounds.

Source: Philippines News Agency