No Filipino hurt or killed in London mosque attack – DFA

MANILA-- The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said Tuesday there were no Filipino victims in the attack near the Finsbury Park mosque in London.

The Philippine Embassy in London is monitoring the incident. So far, there are no known Filipino victims. The Embassy stands ready to offer assistance and calls on the Filipino community to reach out with any information on kababayans possibly affected by this attack, it said in a statement.

The Philippines expressed its condolences and sympathy with the victims, the injured and their families.

The DFA also reaffirmed the country's solidarity with the United Kingdom in the fight against terrorism and all its forms.??

The appalling attack stands against the shared values of the Philippines and the UK as peace-loving and tolerant societies that respect all religions, it said.

One person has been killed and 10 others injured after a van drove into pedestrians near Finsbury Park mosque in London on Monday.

Source: Philippines News Agency