Malacañang on Friday said President Rodrigo Duterte has already received a booster shot against the coronavirus disease (Covid-19), using the same brand as his initial vaccine, Sinopharm.
Acting presidential spokesperson Karlo Nograles confirmed in a Palace briefing that Duterte briefly mentioned during his pre-recorded Talk to the People aired Thursday night about getting his Covid-19 booster shot.
“Sa declaration niya kagabi sa Talk to the People, it appears na nakapag-booster na si Pangulo at Sinopharm ang nagamit (In his declaration last night, during his Talk to the People, it appears that the President got his booster shot and Sinopharm was used),” Nograles said.
Duterte received his first dose of the Sinopharm Covid-19 vaccine in May and the second dose in July.
In June last year, the Food and Drug Administration has granted an emergency use authorization (EUA) to Sinopharm’s Covid-19 vaccine.
Source: Philippines News Agency