Zambales imposes strict entry protocols anew

The provincial government of Zambales has re-implemented strict border and entry protocols as a precaution against the possible entry of the Omicron variant of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).

In a joint advisory issued by the provincial government of Zambales, Provincial Health Office, and Provincial Tourism Office, it said that the imposition of strict entry protocols is necessary in view of the most recent development about the new Covid-19 variant.

Under the new guidelines, travelers with full Covid-19 vaccination with or without booster shots are required to present a negative rapid antigen test result 24 hours prior to entry into the province from a medical clinic or hospital.

On the other hand, travelers with no or partial Covid-19 vaccination from areas under Alert 2 are required to present a negative reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCRT) test result 48 hours before traveling to the province from a Department of Health (DOH)-accredited facility.

The tests shall be uploaded to the Zambales Visitor and Information and Travel Assistance system.

Meanwhile, travelers from the National Capital Region with no Covid-19 vaccination and children below seven years old are not allowed to enter the province.

Governor Hermogenes Ebdane Jr. urged his constituents to strictly follow the minimum health standards.

“Let’s continue to strictly follow health protocols, wear your masks at all times, and observe social distancing,” he said in a social media post on Wednesday.

“Tayo rin po ay magpabakuna upang maprotektahan ang ating sarili at pamilya laban sa malubhang epekto ng Covid-19. Magtungo lang po sa pinakamalapit na vaccination sites at rural health units sa inyong lugar (Let us also be vaccinated to protect ourselves and our families against the severe effect of Covid-19. Go to the nearest vaccination sites and rural health units in our area),” the governor added.

As of January 4, there is a total of 9,921 confirmed Covid-19 cases in Zambales with 50 active cases.

A total of 319,886 individuals have received the first dose of the vaccines while 264,610 have already received their second dose. Also, 7,394 individuals have so far received their booster shots.

Source: Philippines News Agency

Leave a Reply