Death Toll from Weather Disturbances Rises to 31

Manila: The reported deaths from the effects of the southwest monsoon and tropical cyclones Crising, Dante, and Emong have climbed to 31, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said Monday. The disaster response body said that out of this number, only two have so far been confirmed -- one each in Northern Mindanao and Caraga.

According to Philippines News Agency, reports of 29 fatalities are still undergoing verification. These include nine in the National Capital Region, six in Western Visayas, five in Calabarzon, three in Negros Island Region, two in Central Luzon, two in Northern Mindanao, and one each in the Davao region and Mimaropa. Meanwhile, affected families now total 1,751,776, equating to 6,276,280 individuals residing in 6,727 barangays across 17 regions nationwide.

Currently, 36,660 families are receiving assistance inside 1,419 evacuation centers, while another 21,309 families are being aided outside. A total of 15,039 houses have been damaged, with 13,387 classified as "partially damaged" and 1,652 as "totally damaged." Agricultural and infrastructure damage is estimated at PHP510.3 million and PHP6.5 billion, respectively.

As developments continue, the Philippine Air Force (PAF) has announced its ongoing support for the government's humanitarian relief efforts. The PAF has deployed its C-130 aircraft to transport bulk relief supplies donated by the Province of Sulu for communities affected by the recent typhoons. "In close coordination with the Provincial Government of Sulu, the PAF conducted an airlift mission from Jolo, Sulu to Colonel Jesus Villamor Air Base in Pasay City, ensuring the timely and efficient delivery of essential supplies to aid those in need," it stated.

The PAF emphasized that this operation reaffirms its commitment to rapidly mobilize its air assets and respond to urgent needs, demonstrating the vital role of airlift capability in the country's disaster relief and recovery efforts.