MANILA: The Philippine National Police (PNP) on Friday announced the suspension of all permits to carry firearms outside of residence (PTCFOR) on July 22, as part of security measures for President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.'s third State of the Nation Address (SONA). In an advisory, the PNP's PTCFOR Secretariat said the measure would be in effect from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. "This suspension is a precautionary measure to ensure public safety and security during the event, " the advisory read. Earlier this week, PNP spokesperson Col. Jean Fajardo said they were primarily focusing on the security measures in the vicinity of the Batasang Pambansa Complex as security inside the chamber is under the purview of the House Office of the Sergeant at Arms and the Presidential Security Group. Fajardo said they were regularly coordinating with their counterparts from other law enforcement agencies for possible threats to the Marcos administration. At least 22,000 police officers will secure the SONA, and 6,000 will b e deployed near the Batasang Pambansa Complex where Marcos will deliver his address. Source: Philippines News Agency
PNP enforces gun ban for PBBM’s 3rd SONA
Search
Recent Posts
Ateneo Triumphs Over Fatima in Emotional Pinoyliga Victory
August 16, 2026
Indonesia Quake Leaves 47 Dead, 9,290 Displaced
August 16, 2026
NTF-ELCAC Briefs UN on Rebel Killings, Pushes for Int’l Action
August 16, 2026
- - General
PNP enforces gun ban for PBBM’s 3rd SONA
PLDT Triumphs Over Akari in PVL On Tour
August 16, 2026
Ateneo Triumphs Over Fatima in Emotional Pinoyliga Victory
August 16, 2026
Indonesia Quake Leaves 47 Dead, 9,290 Displaced
August 16, 2026
Advertisement