MANILA President Rodrigo R. Duterte has created a task force to centralize all government efforts for the reintegration of former communist rebels.
Through Administrative Order No. 10 signed on Tuesday, Duterte created Task Force Balik-Loob as the central coordinating body that will supervise the reintegration efforts.
The task force will be chaired by a representative from the Department of National Defense (DND), while other members include representatives from the Department Interior and Local Government (DILG), Office of the Presidential Adviser on Peace Process (OPAPP), Office of the President (OP), and National Housing Authority (NHA).
Task Force Balik-Loob will be in charge of centralizing two existing government programs for former rebels, namely the Comprehensive Local Integration Program (CLIP) administered by the DILG, and the PAyapa at MAsaganang PamayaNAn (PAMANA), which is administered by OPAPP.
There is a need to centralize all government efforts for the reintegration of former rebels in order to maximize their socio-economic and political impact by ensuring effective and efficient implementation, the AO read.
Other functions of the task force include:
* Develop the Strategic Communication (StratCom) Plan and the Implementing Guidelines governing the reintegration efforts.
* Address implementation issues at the national and local levels
* Coordinate with concerned local government units to ensure the effective and timely implementation of the reintegration efforts
* Provide capability assistance to concerned LGUs
* Prepare a coordination, monitoring, evaluating and reporting mechanism that shall be used by all concerned agencies in checking the status of the reintegration efforts
* Prepare regular consolidated reports on the implementation of the reintegration efforts to be submitted to the OP
* Regularly review and update the StartCom Plan, Implementing Guidelines and other mechanisms to ensure the responsiveness and effectiveness of the reintegration efforts
* Call upon the assistance and cooperation of all concerned government agencies for the effective implementation of this order.
Duterte previously held meetings with former rebels and vowed to give them financial assistance, education, training, and as well as integration into the Armed Forces.
Source: Philippine News Agency