VMware Optimized Compute, Storage and Networking Solutions Enable Rapid Deployment of Next Generation Software-Defined Data Centers
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing will highlight its new Ultra Series high memory capacity 24x DIMM, NVMe enabled servers, 2U TwinPro2™, 4U FatTwin™ SuperServer, and storage optimized 6x HDD/SSD SuperBlade® solutions this week at VMworld 2014 in San Francisco, CA. These advanced server and storage solutions with VMware technologies are optimized for a wide range of virtualization applications. Headlining the event will be Supermicro’s 2U TwinPro2™, a VMware certified EVO: RAIL hyper-converged infrastructure appliance designed to accelerate deployment and optimize performance of virtualized environments. This scale-out solution features an optimal balance of compute, memory, storage and networking with redundant hot-swap Titanium Level, High Efficiency (96%+) Digital Power Supplies in a high-density 4-node, dual processor server appliance, simplifying virtualization across Enterprise, private/hybrid-Cloud, End-user computing and branch office environments.
"Supermicro Green Computing solutions deliver the performance, efficiency and reliability needed in highly dynamic, virtualized environments," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "From higher memory capacity and flexible expansion in our Ultra Series to maximized compute and storage density in our TwinPro, FatTwin SuperServer and SuperBlade product lines, Supermicro offers the most versatile platforms for building sophisticated hyper-converged solutions. With our new EVO: RAIL appliance, customers have the advantage of Supermicro’s architecture and service advantages combined with VMware’s virtualization expertise to significantly accelerate deployment of virtual machines and increase their overall productivity and performance per watt, per dollar, per square foot."
"VMware EVO: RAIL is poised to significantly transform the Software-Defined Datacenter with simplified procurement, deployment, management and support in an all-in-one hyper-converged infrastructure appliance," said Mornay Van Der Walt, vice president, Emerging Solutions Group, VMware. "Supermicro’s 2U TwinPro architecture is an excellent example of the high levels of technology integration offered in our new EVO: RAIL building blocks. Working closely with our EVO: RAIL partners, VMware is removing the complexities of system ownership and accelerating business growth with time to value to first virtual machine in minutes, all covered by world-class support services."
- Supermicro EVO: RAIL Appliance (SYS-2027TR-VRL001/002) (www.supermicro.com/EVO_RAIL)
- 2U TwinPro², 4 nodes, redundant hot-swap Titanium Level, High Efficiency (96%+) Digital Power Supplies
- 14.4TB raw capacity with 10K RPM drives and built in caching with SSD
- RJ45 (VRL001 model) or SFP+ (VRL002 model) networking connectivity
- Software Bundle includes vSphere, Virtual SAN and vCenter components
- Supports up to 100 general purpose server virtual machines or 250 virtual desktop machines per appliance
- 2U TwinPro architecture supports next generation processor and advanced I/O technologies to maximize performance and number of virtual machines in the 2U, 4 node footprint
Additional highlights at VMworld include:
- Supermicro Virtual SAN Ready Nodes (SYS-F627R3-VDN001L/VDN002L) (www.supermicro.com/VSAN) – Ready to deploy VDI nodes in 4U 4-node FatTwin™ supporting up to 400 VMs, 8x 3.5" hot-swap HDD bays per U and redundant, hot-swap Titanium Level, High Efficiency (96%+) Digital Power Supplies
- Supermicro 1U/2U Ultra Series Servers – supports next generation processors and flexible, integrated I/O options with max memory capacity up to 1.5TB in 24x DIMMs, up to 8x add-on-cards in 2U and redundant, hot-swap Titanium Level, High Efficiency (96%+) Digital Power Supplies
- Supermicro 7U SuperBlade® – StorageBlade (SBI-7127R-S6) supporting 6x hot-swap HDD/SSD and 10GbE Blade Switch
- Supermicro 1U SuperServer® for EVP – Enterprise-class, scalable SDDC compute platform
Visit Supermicro at VMworld 2014 in San Francisco, California, through August 28th in the Moscone Center, Booth #2217. For more information on Supermicro’s complete range of high performance, high-efficiency Server, Storage and Networking solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, SuperServer, TwinPro, FatTwin, SuperBlade, Building Block Solutions and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.
All other brands, names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.