Palace Lauds PNP’s Quick Response, Expects Enhanced Police Visibility

Malaca±ang: Malaca±ang on Tuesday lauded the Philippine National Police's (PNP) quick emergency response and expressed confidence that the police force 'can do much better' in preventing crimes in the country.

According to Philippines News Agency, Presidential Communications Office Undersecretary and Palace Press Briefer Claire Castro said the Palace is expecting enhanced police visibility with the launching of the Unified 911 Emergency System in July. This move aligns with President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr.'s directive to strengthen public safety.

'Utos po ni Pangulong Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. sa kapulisan, siguraduhing mas maraming pulis na umiikot sa mga kalsada. Kapag kailangan, dapat may pulis na agad nagreresponde (President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. has ordered the police to ensure that more police officers patrol the streets. When necessary, there must be police officers who respond immediately),' she told Palace reporters.

Castro stated that the quick response would enable the public to have '100-percent' trust in police officers. 'Mas paiigtingin pa ang presensiya ng kapulisan sa lansangan dahil ang gusto ng Pangulo at ng PNP ligtas kayo (The presence of police on the streets will be intensified because the President and the PNP want you to be safe),' she said.

The new 911 emergency system, expected to be unveiled in July, will initially go live in Metro Manila, the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao, the Ilocos Region, and Central Visayas. This system will utilize advanced technology to connect emergency calls directly to frontline responders, such as the PNP and the Bureau of Fire Protection.

PNP chief Gen. Nicolas Torre III previously mentioned that the police response to emergency situations will be immediate, with responding police officers arriving in three to five minutes.