Manila: President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. will continue to do better for the country's progress, regardless of the survey results on his performance and trustworthiness, Malaca±ang said on Thursday. This statement comes after the 2025 Pahayag Second Quarter Survey conducted by Publicus Asia Inc. on June 27 to 30 showed that 25 percent of 1,500 registered Filipino voters approve of Marcos' performance as he leads the country.
According to Philippines News Agency, Palace Press Officer Claire Castro welcomed the poll results as 'good news' but emphasized that Marcos' determination to work for the country would not be influenced by these numbers. Castro noted that while favorable survey results are welcomed, they do not dictate the President's commitment to his duties.
In a Palace press briefing, Castro reiterated, "Like we said, we shouldn't rely solely on surveys. Why? Because all the President wants is to work. He won't be affected by any survey." She further explained that while an increase in approval is positive, and a decrease is concerning, these figures do not deter the President from his goal to work for the country's and the people's benefit.
The survey revealed an increase in Marcos' approval score, now at 25 percent, compared to the 19 percent recorded in the first quarter of 2025. Additionally, his trust rating has risen to 19 percent in the second quarter from 14 percent earlier this year.